The 2018 Power 50 is the definitive list of the most influential figures in the UK mobile industry during the past year. The list has been compiled after in-depth interviews with key senior figures across the industry, from operators and retailers, to manufacturers and distributors.
To make the Power 50 list, an executive needs to be bold in their leadership and vision, and have exceeded expectations in different categories we have chosen. We look for those who have influence beyond their existing roles, in addition to embuing their businesses with their values.
The Power 50 is meant to be controversial and provoke debate, but the figures we have selected are the ones we feel serve as inspirations to the rest of the trade. Please join the debate on the Power 50 website, where you can read about the individuals we selected and leave your comments.
WINNERS OF THE MOBILE POWER 50 PERSON OF THE YEAR
- 2017: David Dyson, CEO, Three UK
- 2016: Sebastian James, Group CEO, Dixons Carphone
- 2015: Sebastian James, Group CEO, Dixons Carphone
- 2014: Andrew Harrison, CEO, Carphone Warehouse
- 2013: Olaf Swantee, CEO, EE
- 2012: Simon Stanford, VP of UK & Ireland telecommunications and networks division, Samsung UK
- 2011: Guy Laurence, CEO, Vodafone UK
- 2010: Tom Alexander, CEO, Everything Everywhere
- 2009: Andrew Harrison, CEO, Carphone Warehouse
- 2008: Kevin Russell, CEO, Three UK
Nominate a colleague or peer to be considered for this years Power 50