Phones 4u will be selling the BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone in stores nationwide from today (1 October). The retailer said that pre-registration is currently available online and in-store. It will also be available for free on selected monthly tariffs.
The Torch is BlackBerry’s first smartphone to combine its trademark QWERTY keyboard with a full touch screen experience and the first to feature the new BlackBerry 6 operating system.
The handset offers integrated access to RIM’s popular Messenger service, RSS feeds and sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other instant messaging applications.
‘We are delighted to add RIM's first device that combines both touch-screen and a physical QWERTY keyboard, the BlackBerry Torch 9800, to our extensive range of Blackberry products. We strive to offer our customers a wide and varied choice that includes the latest and greatest handsets currently available at the best possible prices,’ said Russell Braterman, marketing director at Phones 4u.
• Display 3.2-inch, high-resolution touch-screen
• Camera five-megapixel camera, flash, auto-focus, image stabilisation, scene modes, 2X zoom, video recording
• GPS Assisted, autonomous and simultaneous. GPS enabled with preloaded BlackBerry® Maps application
• Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Band: 802.11b/g/n, support for UMA (carrier-dependent)
• Network GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks