8/10/2011 10:53:31 AM
Motorola releases Android 3.1 update for Motorola Xoom
Motorola has announced that Android 3.1 is now available as an over-the-air update for its Motorola Xoom tablet.
The manufacturer says that the 3.1 update, which is now rolling out nationwide, will enable users to get more from their Xoom as well as make it easier for business users to create a PC-like environment.
Meanwhile, Motorola also announced that it is activating the Xoom SD card slot, which will provide users with more flexibility in managing storage and the ability to expand the memory of their Xoom up to 64GB with the addition of a 32GB SD card.
Android 3.1 main features include:
- Improved multitasking providing instant access to a larger number of applications
- Resizable home screen widgets which can be expanded horizontally and/or vertically to include more content
- Keyboard and mouse support, which allows simultaneous input for devices over USB and/or Bluetooth (in any combination)
- The ability to transfer pictures directly from a camera, so users can connect their cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
- Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
- New high-performance Wi-Fi lock enables applications to maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
- Preloaded Adobe Flash Player and File Manager application