Apple's iPhone 5s has swept aside stock shortages to become the UK's most sought after handset in October.
The uSwitch Mobile Tracker, which follows live searches, pre-orders and sales, shows Apple's continued dominance of the mobile market, having topped the chart since 2013. Apple accounts for five handsets in the top 10, with its recently launched 5c at number five in the chart, behind both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.
Ernest Doku from uSwitch said: 'The high price tag of the iPhone 5S had concerned tech pundits but, clearly, the gold model is a big hit with mobile fans, who are willing to stretch to £37 per month to get their hands on this bling. It’s a status symbol as much as a brilliant smartphone, while the 5C is more divisive thanks to a choice of four gaudy colours - which may explain why older iPhones are more popular.'
The highest placed Android device is the Samsung Galaxy S4 at number four, with the Korean phone maker also bagging two other slots in the top 10.
September top 10
1. Apple iPhone 5S (16GB Gold, iOS 7, up four)
2. Apple iPhone 5 (16GB Black, iOS, down one)
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 (16 GB, Android, no change)
4. Apple iPhone 4 (8 GB Black, iOS, no change)
5. Apple iPhone 5C (16GB Green, iOS 7, up two)
6. Apple 4S (16GB Black, iOS, down four)
7. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Android, up three)
8. Samsung Galaxy S3 (16GB Blue, Android, down two)
9. HTC One Silver (Android, down one)
10. Sony Xperia Z1 (Android, new entry)
Author: Graeme Neill