The HTC One (M8) will go on sale from 4PM in selected stores across London, while EE will launch the phone across the UK from tomorrow.
The operator will stock the device in gunmetal grey and glacial silver. It will be available to buy online and via telesales from tomorrow (26 March), and in stores the day after. Customers purchasing the One (M8) on a £37.99 per month plan with a £29.99 upfront cost will double their 4G data limit for the duration of the contract.
Customers purchasing the smartphone via the EE online shop before 10 April will win a free return flight to one of twelve European destinations.
EE director of devices Shannon Meadows said: ‘We’re excited to be stocking the new HTC One (M8), with its exceptional user experience setting a new benchmark for smartphones. The new HTC Zoe video sharing and remix features are a great way to relive incredible moments with friends, and are a perfect match for our superfast double speed network – the UK’s biggest and fastest.’
The One (M8) will be stocked in these stores straight from launch:
- Carphone Warehouse: (Westfield White City, 4 Oxford Street, Westfield Stratford, 262 Oxford Street, 220 Tottenham Court Road, Selfridges)
- Phones4U: (127 Oxford Street, 399/405 Oxford Street, Westfield White City, 4/5 Tottenham Court Road)
- Vodafone: (341-349 Oxford Street, 474 Oxford Street, 106 Kensington High Street, Westfield White City, Westfield Stratford)
- EE: (110 Oxford Street, 155/157 Oxford Street, 291a Oxford Street, 393 Oxford Street, Westfield Stratford, Westfield White City – Units 2120 and 1156)
- Three: (257 Oxford Street, 160 Oxford Street, 423 Oxford Street, Westfield White City, 123B Kensington High Street)
- O2: (351 Oxford Street, 146 Kings Road, Westfield White City, Westfield Stratford, 145 High Street Kensington, 229 Tottenham Court Road)
Phones 4u CMO Scott Hooton said: ‘Consumers value great design. In fact 63% of consumers are more likely to buy a smartphone with better quality design and build, according to our recent uBar survey, so it’s great to see HTC recognising the importance of premium design with the HTC One. The new handset’s aluminium frame creates a stellar blend of beauty and resilience, alongside an impressive range of functionality, which speaks to today’s consumer expectations for a truly stylish, top of the range smartphone.’
A Carphone Warehouse spokesperson added: 'Carphone Warehouse is proud to be one of the first to have the new HTC handset in our stores and offer the latest tech to customers as soon as it’s announced. With the HTC One (M8), HTC has taken what was a very impressive phone and built on that with even more attention to detail in both design and specifications. The HTC One stood out for its design and this new version has an improved, durable, high-quality metal unibody surrounding a 5-inch full HD display which will continue to set the bar even higher for smartphones in 2014. Additional features like the Duo Camera and improved BoomSound™ will help cement HTC’s future as a heavy-hitting smartphone manufacturer.'