46% of UK consumers now use mobiles for their purchasing decisions

46% of UK consumers now use mobiles for their purchasing decisions

Almost half (46%) of UK consumers are now using their mobile devices as the main tool for purchase decision-making, a new report has revealed. According to the UK Mobile Path-to-Purchase Study, which was carried out by location ad platform xAd and technology research firm Telmetrics, one in four (25%) now use mobile devices as their exclusive tool for research.

The study involved contributions from more than 2,000 UK smartphone and tablet users. With most mobile activity happening at the beginning of the purchasing path (56%), the study found that 31% also visited a store during their research.

Three out of four UK consumers use their mobiles for price comparison while 39% make purchases because they were happy with the price being offered to them.

Almost 50% admitted to wanting to complete the transaction within 24 hours while 30% said they wanted to close the deal within the hour.

Brands can take advantage of this shopping trend; with less than 20% of UK consumers knowing exactly what they're looking for, it leaves an incredible 80% of consumers 'completely open to influence'.

Bill Dinan, president of Telmetrics, said: 'Our study confirms that mobile is a powerful part of today's consumer purchase process and underlines the growing opportunity for advertisers to reach this ready-to-buy audience.'

'Advertisers that capture mobile metrics can improve their understanding of how shoppers interact with mobile devices throughout the buying cycle and empower their ad programmes to reach consumers when they are most open to influence.'

Monica Ho, SVP of marketing at xAd, said: 'As the mobile user experience continues to improve, consumers are turning to the convenience of their mobile devices more frequently.'

Comments

Please wait...


Please write code to prove you're human