Stores still key for iD - 70% of connections through CPW

Stores still key for iD - 70% of connections through CPW

Carphone Warehouse’s MVNO iD connected their 500,000th subscriber earlier this week with iD general manager Adam Dunlop explaining to Mobile that 70% of volume is driven through stores, with the remaining 30% driven through the MVNO’s online site.

 

Dunlop stated, ‘We’ve seen that around 70% of our weekly volume are coming through the incredible retail channel that Carphone Warehouse has, but we’re also seeing an encouraging 30% coming through our new online distribution channel idmobile.co.uk.’

 

Explaining the value the MVNO gives the wider group, he continued, ‘What’s interesting is that with our demographics, both online and in store, iD is attracting a different type of customer into the group which tends to be a younger demographic that we’re getting traction with.’

 

The 500,000 subscriber achievement was prominent in the Dixons Carphone results briefing earlier this week, with group CEO Seb James calling iD the fastest growing MVNO and announcing the next target to be one million customers. Adam Dunlop elaborated that while their strategy for reaching this figure remains the same, further development their account management app was a key focus for 2017. ‘Over 70% of our customer base use the app already but there’s a lot more than we can do with it’ said the iD boss.

 

Since iD joined the virtual operator space in 2015, developments such as Virgin Media gaining access to 4G and Sky Mobile launching have made the low-cost post-pay sector increasingly competitive. However, Dunlop does not see this as an obstacle in iD’s one million target, stating, ‘I Think it has become more competitive but that’s something we welcome. Increased competition means increased consumer choice and that in turn helps drive customer innovation. As innovation has always been one of our objectives, it’s good for consumers and good for us.’

 

Comments

Please wait...


Please write code to prove you're human