Fire at Carphone HQ

Fire at Carphone HQ

Carphone stores had to manually put through contracts and couldn’t put through top-ups this morning (Thursday 13 December) after a suspected fire had shut down the company’s HQ in Acton.

Employees were evacuated around 11am. The nearby pub, The Castle, was the main beneficiary as it was inundated with around 150 members of Carphone staff seeking a warm refuge.

The size of the fire is still unknown, but it is thought that the building was emptied as a precaution due to an electrical fault, rather than a significant sized blaze. No smoke has been seen coming out of the building, but the fire brigade has closed a nearby road.

One witness said hundreds of HQ employees had been sent home. He joked: ‘It looks like the work of Phones4u to me!’
Written by Mobile Today
Mobile Today


Please wait...

Please write code to prove you're human