Job Type: Permanent
Category: Commercial and Business Development Sales and Account Management
Job Reference: nb/551444
Salary: £30-£35k OTE £70k + car allowance
Our client, one of the UK's leading Mobile, Voice & Data Solution Specialists and the leading UK partner of Vodafone are looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager. Your previous experience does not necessarily need to be from within Telecommunications or Mobile, what is more important to our client is that you can show evidence of your success with a proven track record of surpassing new business targets.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to be responsible for new business acquisition. A key pro-active role combining excellent Business Development skills with strong sales focus. This role is field based, where you will spend time proactively seeking out opportunities and making appointments in new business accounts. You will quickly deliver a pipeline and funnel opportunities from this through to fruition.
The successful candidate will develop programs and tactics to drive new business through referral. The successful individual will be highly driven and be able to quickly identify business opportunities and present clearly to potential clients. Excellent communication skills are a must. Activity is key in generating prospects and making appointments to win new business. This is a great opportunity for someone driven by success with a proven track record of surpassing new business targets.
This role provides a very exciting opportunity to the right individual to help an already successful business further develop and provide vision, direction and leadership.
· Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities within a specified territory
· Delivering sales by developing relationships with new business prospects
· Developing strategy at local level to prospect and win new business
· Meeting targets on a regular basis
· Give feed back to Management by presenting weekly reports
· Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
· Achieving targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth
Skills and interests
· Excellent sales and negotiation skills
· Good commercial skills
· Energetic and enthusiastic in identifying opportunities for growing the business
· Excellent communication and people skills, good planning and organisational skills
· Ability to work calmly under pressure
· Good IT and presentation skills
· Reviewing sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
· Gaining a clear understanding of customers businesses and requirements