4/18/2012 3:46:43 PM
1 x Mobile Phone Repair Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Category: IT and Technical Customer Service and Support
Job Reference: nb/55145
Salary: £24-30k + Profit related bonus/commission
Mobile Phone Repair Engineer - London
Our client is one of the most reliable Mobile Retailers in the industry with stores nationwide. Over the years they have forged strong relationships with the networks ensuring that the deals that they offer their customers are of the highest quality. They are also in touch with developments in mobile technology with close links to all major UK Manufactures ensuring we have in-depth knowledge and first to market stock of the latest handsets to offer to our customers. They have stores across the country from high street stores within major shopping centres like Bluewater to stores situated in smaller towns who pride themselves on their excellent customer service cementing our company strap line of 'your local mobile specialist'.
An extremely exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced mobile phone engineer to join our clients team and assist them in the launch of a mobile repairs business. Initially starting from one of the key stores in London, our client will be looking to roll our a repair service across their retail estate in London and the UK, this would create an amazing opportunity and career prospect for the right candidate to move into a training and management role.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter to join the team and launch a mobile phone repairs business for our London based retail stores. We will supply all of the equipment needed for a fully functioning repairs centre.
· Striping down mobile telephones, fault finding down to component level, carrying out full repairs such as screen replacement, water damage or electronic repair (including BGA repair and replacement), soldering as necessary to the repairs being conducted, rebuilding of the handset.
· Managing the process from end to end, collecting and checking in faulty phones, providing updates on the repairs process and ensuring safe delivery of the phones to our customers.
· Writing and presenting regular progress reports for management.
· Starting and maintaining a database of customers.
· Contributing to new ideas and liaising with management on expansion of the repairs business.
· Hiring and subsequent training of any new staff.
· Must be mnimum qualified level 3 repairs technician
· Previous experience of working within the technology sector. eg: soldering, electronic assembly, hardware repairs, pcb assembly.
· Working knowledge of a braod range of popular mobile handsets from BlackBerry, HTC, iPhone, Samsung, HTC, etc.
· You should have a solid work history, be a self-starter with a passion for technology / mobile phones and the desire to scale a real business.
· You should also have excellent organisational skills with an ability to be process and profit focussed.
· Good knowledge of MS Office such as Word and Excel for reporting.